The German lighting brand Ingo Maurer, founded by the homonymous designer, joins the creativity hub of the Italian company Foscarini

Foscarini strengthens its distinctive role in field of decorative lighting design globally with the acquisition of Ingo Maurer GmbH. The goal is to enhance its distinctive aesthetic language - spectacular, provocative, playful - guaranteeing the German brand a future development consistent with its prestigious historical identity.

The transaction involves the acquisition by the Italian company founded and directed by Carlo Urbinati of 90% of the shares of Ingo Maurer, with the remaining 10% that will continue to be held by Sarah Utermöhlen , daughter of the famous - poetic - German designer and entrepreneur.

Ingo Maurer: a designer  a poet of light  a company

Founded in 1966 by designer Ingo Maurer, the company Ingo Maurer GmbH is a brand that skilfully creates and produces spectacular lamps, unique and lighting systems with a great visual impact. Works of light that combine the ordinary with the extraordinary, provoke and entertain at the same time, through a fascinating tension between technique and expressiveness. All products are designed and manufactured, with original artisanal processes, in the Munich headquarters by the Ingo Maurer team and then distributed all over the world.

Strengthened by a solid global positioning, Foscarini wants to support its growth and development path, further strengthening its ability to express a multifaceted and distinctive vision in the world of decorative design lighting. Maintaining its historical identity and independent development , Ingo Maurer represents a company of excellence that will bring a new point of view to the creative universe of Foscarini.

The honor and the burden of telling Ingo Maurer

"With this operation we have decided to invest in the uniqueness of the Ingo Maurer brand, a brand that has always been a great inspiration for us and that we have always admired for its free gaze and a creative approach" explains Carlo Urbinati , president and founder of Foscarini. "We had the opportunity to guarantee ourselves the honor and the burden of ensuring that Ingo Maurer continues to be told around the world and support its further development on global markets with the precise desire to preserve its tradition, values and expressive peculiarities".

A fusion of artistic ideas

After carefully evaluating all the options, my sister Claude Maurer and I decided that the entrance to the Foscarini creativity hub was the the right strategy to allow Ingo Maurer to continue strengthen its growth path, also at an international level, while preserving its tradition and founding values", commented Sarah Utermöhlen, which will continue to hold a 10% stake in the company.