For the 2023 edition, the usual calendar is finally back: the dates of the FuoriSalone are 17-23 April 2023 while those of the Salone del Mobile, with Euroluce, are 18-23 April 2023. Interni Design Re-Evolution, the great exhibition-event by Interni, will be open to the public from 17 through to 26 April.
Interni, which with the initiative of director Gilda Bojardi conceived and created the first FuoriSalone in 1990 (see the book 30 Years of FuoriSalone published by Electa), is preparing for these appointments with a series of curatorial and editorial initiatives.
Here they are.
Interni Design Re-Evolution: from 17 to 26 April 2023
The theme of the Interni event for the FuoriSalone (from 17 to 26 April 2023) is Design Re-Evolution and will be interpreted by internationally renowned architects such as (just to name a few) Odile Decq, Piero Lissoni and Stefano Boeri, and by emerging young talents.
Interni Design Re-Evolution will occupy 6 locations in the city:
- 17-26.04 University of Milan via Festa del Perdono 7
- 17-26.04 Brera Botanical Garden, ENI Space, via Fiori Oscuri 4
- 17-23.04 Audi House of Progress, Portrait Milano, corso Venezia 11
- 17.04-1.05 Eataly Milano Smeraldo, Piazza XXV Aprile 10
- 17-23-04 Urban Up | Unipol, De Castillia 23, via De Castillia 23
- 17-26.04 Torre Velasca, Piazza Velasca 3/5, digital installation
INTERNI Design Re-Evolution was co-produced with Audi, Eni and Whirlpool.
- for Audi, Gabriele Chiave with Controvento created The Domino Act at the Audi House of Progress, set up at Portait Milano: 22 monoliths with a reflective surface that enclose the concept car Audi Skysphere, a metaphor for the brand's vision of sustainable mobility that places human values at the centre;
- for Eni, at the Brera Botanical Garden, Italo Rota with Carlo Ratti created Walk the Talk a game-installation that invites you to explore the theme of the transformation of urban mobility in a sustainable key, putting people at the center and stimulating reflection on the relationship with the space in which they live and move;
- for Whirlpool, in the Cortile d'Onore of the University of Milan, Odile Decq created The Synesthetic Swirl, aplay of lights, colors, reflections and visual deformations for a spiral path that invites you to discover the sixth sense: intuition.
Design Re-Evolution: an identity signed by Leonardo Sonnoli
Pattern black & white in continuous evolution, with modules that play with proportions and perspectives: the graphics of the Interni exhibition-event are by Studio Leonardo Sonnoli.
"In a week of 'visual pollution' like that of design week", explain Leonardo Sonnoli and Irene Bacchi, "we decided to zero color, focusing on patterns and a strongly signal value ”.
Anything but static and uniform, the graphics are based on a modular striped pattern that can be declined on the many communication formats.
Design Re-Evolution straight to your inbox
The great Interni Design Re-Evolution exhibition-event will have a dedicated mini-site, online at internimagazine.it starting in April with a preview of the installations, concepts and appointments not to be missed.
The contents of the mini-site will be conveyed through the preview newsletter on 14 April 2023 and then in a closing newsletter on 28 April (the exhibition will be open until 26 April).
The Guide to FuoriSalone 2023 events: what to see, where and when
Now in its 33rd edition, the FuoriSalone Guide by Interni is the vademecum necessary for organizing a visit to Milan Design Week: the must-have for marking the events not to be missed at FuoriSalone 2023 on your agenda.
As always, the guide will be distributed free of charge with the Interni issue on newsstands in April in Milan and in all showrooms, institutions, museums and in general the locations participating in the FuoriSalone 2023 (as well as at the fair itself).
The guide will also be available online, with an interactive map.
The events not to be missed at FuoriSalone 2023 on internimagazine.it
Starting in February, InterniMagazine will cover the previews of FuoriSalone 2023 with an online special: the previews of the design districts, the characters, the projects, the themes just a click away and, once a week, in the Newsletter (click here to receive it ).
The new products from the Salone del Mobile 2023 and from the FuoriSalone 2023
Interni King Size, the special that talks about the best design furniture products – with the novelties that will be presented at FuoriSalone 2023 and at the Salone del Mobile 2023, will be online. To receive it directly in your inbox, just subscribe to the Newsletter which will deliver it to all subscribers at the end of Milan Design Week 2023.
Article being updated