Scalo Milano is a new metropolitan district located in the municipality of Locate di Triulzi, the first shopping district capable of bringing together all the leading areas of excellence of Made in Italy: fashion, food, design… and also art.
Cotefa, the historic studio of engineers and architects based in Brescia and a Pavia, has done the architectural design, supervising the construction and focusing on the urban planning integration of the complex.
The design of Scalo Milano, in fact, began 7 years ago with an idea of Eng. Enzo Ragni.
The recovery of the former industrial area and its integration with the territory have been a major challenge.
Cotefa designed the initial architectural layout, morphology and typology of Scalo Milano, then joining forces with Metrogramma for the artistic direction, including the facades and the urban furnishings.
Scalo Milano is one of the biggest worksites in the Milan area, with 18 months of work to complete the project, over 100 companies involved, and 300 workers at the start of the project, a figure that has increased to 2500 in the final months.
The numbers of Scalo Milano
- 130: stores (phase I)
- 30,000 m2: commercial area (phase I)
- 19,000 m2: transparent and backpainted colored glass facades
- 2: spaces for contemporary art
- 4000: parking places
- S13: the rail bypass line that connects Milan to Locate Triulzi in less than 20 minutes
- 200 million euros: overall investment
- 25 million euros: investment in environmental reclamation and infrastructural optimization
- 1500: new jobs, direct and indirect
- 1000: persons working on the construction
- 12.2 million inhabitants: the target public in a range of 90 minutes by car
- 7 million: tourists per year in Milan and its province
- 130,000: square meters of green zones ceded to Parco Agricolo Sud Milano
- 1500: new trees planted
- 27,500: square meters of green zones inside the Scalo Milano area