At Sala delle Compere, Palazzo San Giorgio, Genoa
from 7 April to 1 May 2018
The show comes from an idea of Emanuela Baglietto, an architect and partner in the studio Renzo Piano Building Workshop, the daughter of Pietro Baglietto, the last owner of the family business, together with his cousin Giampiero.
The show retraces the fundamental phases of the history of the Baglietto shipyard, from the founding in 1854 to its rise as a case of Italian excellence in the field of nautical design.
A true tribute: from the first skiffs to the motor yachts, by way of the MAS armed motorboats of the World Wars, experimental vessels, technological innovations and boats for exceptional clients and yachtsmen.
A case of constant growth, with an eye on changes in the market, also nurtured by the project of Gruppo Gavio, which purchased the seagull trademark in 2012.
The show is divided into theme areas through an exhibition design – done by Emanuela Baglietto in collaboration with the architect Matteo Orlandi – featuring a light structure of laminated wood, to present historical photographs and drawings as if they were floating in the air.