The new flagship store of the historic Italian lighting manufacturer is now open on Corso Monforte. A warm, welcoming space in which lights and objects of the past created by some of the biggest names in design and architecture are joined by the contemporary lamps of the latest collection, the result of collaboration with a generation of emerging international designers. The furnishings, the vinyl textile flooring using renewable raw materials, the pastel walls with works from the FontanaArte historical archives, are the features that contribute to create a cozy, almost private dimension in a place that is public by definition, in an unusual design approach for a lighting store. The niches that contain the lamps along the lateral walls have soft lines for smooth distribution of the light. The reference to the work of Gio Ponti – who together with Pietro Chiesa founded FontanaArte in 1932 – can be seen in the choice of using textile partitions, in an updated version, that open and close for different needs. For the opening, the four luminous windows feature two large totems, inspired by the art of Tony Cragg and Katharina Fritsch, metaphorically representing the two pillars of the firm. The flagship store, designed by Fabio Calvi and Paolo Brambilla, is a space that connects past and future in a situation of continuity, interpreting the philosophy of FontanaArte.