Until the 24th May Camera Chiara offers a selection of shorts and videos that will run all day long in the charmed atmosphere of Obscura Pavilion.
- LINES by Florence Strauss 19’30‘’
On the making of process of the Tripoli cotton mattresses, the Stocking lights by CAI and more.
- REBORN by Vitor Milito from the Istituto Marongoni 5’
An eccentric view over craftsmanship.
- AFTER SHAVE by Hany Tamba 27’
Abou Milad is an old barber who lost his hairdressing salon during the Lebanese civil war
- CHILDREN OF UZAÏ by Mireille Kassar (2014) 16’
Mireille Kassar films a group of children in Uzai,a suburb in Southern Beirut.
- LES PARAPLUIES DE CHERBOURG by Jacques Demy, starring Catherine Deneuve and Nino Castelnuovo 5’
1964 French musical, the music was written by Michel Legran
- CATHEDRALS OF CULTURE directed by Robert Redford produced by Wim Wenders 26’
Directed Robert Redford, The Salk Institute meditates on architect Louis Kahn’s masterpiece
- BEYOND MEMORY (UNE HISTOIRE VRAISEMBLABLE) by Florence Strauss 90’
A Lebanese man, Radwan Kassar, in his sixties, islooking for his family tale throughout the last century.
- BEYROUTH YA BEYROUTH by Maroun Bagdadi (1975) 111’
Beirut Oh Beirut is Maround Bagdadi’s first feature, set against the backdrop of events between the first Israeli raid on Lebanese territories in 1968, and the death of Egyptian president Abdel-Nasser in 1970.
- LINES by Florence Strauss 19’30” On the making of process of the Tripoli cotton mattresses, the Stocking lights by CAI and more.
8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23 May 19.30 – Beyond Memory
9, 12,15, 18, 21, 24 May 19.30 – Beyrouth ya Beyrouth
7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22 May 19.30 – Lines 19’33’’+ Children of Uzaï 16”